Staff: Yvonne M. Prutzman, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Yvonne M. Prutzman, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Yvonne was a Cancer Prevention Fellow in the Tobacco Control Research Branch (TCRB) within the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS) at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). In TCRB, she was engaged in a variety of research activities related to tobacco control, including a study examining antecedents and concomitants of relapse in long-term smokers, and the development and evaluation of Smokefree Women, an NCI website that helps support immediate and long-term needs of women as they quit smoking and remain nonsmokers. Yvonne holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a Master of Public Health degree from the Johns Hopkins University's Bloomberg School of Public Health, with a concentration in Epidemiology. Before coming to NCI, Yvonne completed a clinical fellowship in Addictive Behaviors at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where she provided smoking cessation services to a wide range of adult populations. After the completion of her NCI fellowship, she transitioned into her current position as a Program Director for TCRB within DCCPS.
Current and/or past BRP mentees include Alexandra Budenz.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Hunt, Y., Rash, C., Burke, R., & Parker, J. Smoking cessation in recovery: A preliminary comparison of two different cognitive behavioral treatments. Addict Disord Treat 2010; 9(2):64-74.
- Cooper, T., Hunt, Y., Burke, R., Stoever, C., & Johnson, J. Assessing a smoking cessation program for veterans in substance use disorder treatment. Addict Disord Treat ; 8:167-174.
- Chou WY, Hunt YM, Beckjord EB, Moser RP, Hesse BW. Social media use in the United States: implications for health communication. J Med Internet Res 2009; 11(4):e48.
- Jason, L. A., Hunt, Y. M., Adams, M. L., Pokorny, S. B., & Gadiraju, P. B. Strengthening communities' youth access policies may facilitate clean indoor air action. Prev Chronic Dis 2007; 4(4):A113.
- Jason, L. A., Pokorny, S. B., Adams, M., Hunt, Y., Gadiraju, P., Morello, T., Schoeny, M., & Dinwiddie, C. Youth caught in violation of tobacco purchase, use, and possession laws: education versus fines. Behav.Modif. 2007; 31(6):713-731.