Staff: Gina Tesauro, M.S.W.
Gina Tesauro, M.S.W.
- Office of the Associate Director (OAD)
- Behavioral Research Program (BRP)
Gina Tesauro, M.S.W., is a Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS) alumna who worked as a Program Analyst in the Office of Cancer Survivorship (OCS) at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) for six years. During her time with OCS, she focused on all aspects of survivorship with a particular interest in the impact of cancer on the family. Prior to her tenure with OCS, Ms. Tesauro was a Presidential Management fellow who performed details at both the Federal Center for Mental Health Services and the White House, where she worked on the White House Conference on Mental Health. Ms. Tesauro holds a Master's degree in Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Tesauro currently manages the Small Grants Program for Behavioral Research in Cancer Control (R03s). This program is designed to fund pilot projects by investigators new to behavioral cancer control research, with the goal of supporting and fostering the professional development of new behavioral scientists by helping them acquire additional skills and data to apply for other grants.
Additionally, as a Program Analyst in the Office of the Associate Director (OAD), Ms. Tesauro provides guidance on grants policy, portfolio management and administrative procedures for the Behavioral Research Program (BRP), OAD, within DCCPS.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Litzelman K, Tesauro G, Ferrer R. Internal resources among informal caregivers: trajectories and associations with well-being. Qual Life Res 2017 Dec; 26(12):3239-3250.
- Perna FM, Dwyer LA, Tesauro G, Taber JM, Norton WE, Hartman AM, Geller AC. Research on Skin Cancer-Related Behaviors and Outcomes in the NIH Grant Portfolio, 2000-2014: Skin Cancer Intervention Across the Cancer Control Continuum (SCI-3C). JAMA Dermatol 2017 May 1; 153(5):398-405.
- Alfano CM, Bluethmann SM, Tesauro G, Perna F, Agurs-Collins T, Elena JW, Ross SA, O'Connell M, Bowles HR, Greenberg D, Nebeling L. NCI Funding Trends and Priorities in Physical Activity and Energy Balance Research Among Cancer Survivors. J Natl Cancer Inst 2015 Nov 7; 108(1).
- Tesauro GM, Seger YR, Dijoseph L, Schnell JD, Klein WM. Assessing the value of a Small Grants Program for behavioral research in cancer control. Transl Behav Med 2014 Mar; 4(1):79-85.
- Tesauro GM, Rowland JH, Lustig C. Survivorship resources for post-treatment cancer survivors. Cancer Pract. 2002 Nov-Dec; 10(6):277-83.