Staff: Jennifer Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Jennifer Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Cancer Research Training Award Fellow
Jennifer Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H., is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Basic Biobehavioral and Psychological Sciences Branch of the Behavioral Research Program. Dr. Guida's research interests focus on the intersection between aging, cancer, cancer treatment. In particular, she is interested in the role of psychosocial factors that impact quality of life and lead to aging endpoints for cancer survivors. Her empirical work includes utilizing longitudinal social network methods to understand how the social networks of cancer survivors evolve over time and their impacts on health. Dr. Guida is also interested in lifestyle interventions to improve cancer and aging-related outcomes.
Dr. Guida earned her doctorate degree in Epidemiology from the University of Maryland, College Park and received an M.P.H. from the University of Colorado. She also holds a B.A. in Anthropology from Arizona State University.
Current and/or past BRP mentors include Paige Green.
- Social networks
- Stress-mediated effects on cancer outcomes
- Accelerated aging
- Cancer survivorship
- Global health
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Guida JL, Agurs-Collins T, Ahles TA, Campisi J, Dale W, Demark-Wahnefried W, Dietrich J, Fuldner R, Gallicchio L, Green PA, Hurria A, Janelsins MC, Jhappan C, Kirkland JL, Kohanski R, Longo V, Meydani S, Mohile S, Niedernhofer LJ, Nelson C, Perna F, Schadler K, Scott JM, Schrack JA, Tracy RP, van Deursen J, Ness KK. Strategies to Prevent or Remediate Cancer and Treatment-Related Aging. J Natl Cancer Inst 2020 Apr 29.
- Guida JL, Ahles TA, Belsky D, Campisi J, Cohen HJ, DeGregori J, Fuldner R, Ferrucci L, Gallicchio L, Gavrilov L, Gavrilova N, Green PA, Jhappan C, Kohanski R, Krull K, Mandelblatt J, Ness KK, O'Mara A, Price N, Schrack J, Studenski S, Theou O, Tracy RP, Hurria A. Measuring Aging and Identifying Aging Phenotypes in Cancer Survivors. J Natl Cancer Inst 2019 Dec 1; 111(12):1245-1254.
- Guida JL, Green PA, Gallicchio L. Envisioning Arti's 'Cadillac study' to assess aging trajectories in cancer survivors. J Geriatr Oncol .
- Li E, Guida JL, Tian Y, Sung H, Koka H, Li M, Chan A, Zhang H, Tang E, Guo C, Deng J, Hu N, Lu N, Gierach GL, Li J, Yang XR. Associations between mammographic density and tumor characteristics in Chinese women with breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2019 June 28.
- Guida JL, Holt CL, Dallal CM, He X, Gold R, Liu H. Social Relationships and Functional Impairment in Aging Cancer Survivors: A Longitudinal Social Network Study. Gerontologist 2019 May 3.