Staff: Jennifer L. Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Jennifer L. Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Jennifer Guida, Ph.D., M.P.H., is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Basic Biobehavioral and Psychological Sciences Branch of the Behavioral Research Program. Dr. Guida's research interests focus on the intersection between aging, cancer, cancer treatment. In particular, she is interested in the role of psychosocial factors that impact quality of life and lead to aging endpoints for cancer survivors. Her empirical work includes utilizing longitudinal social network methods to understand how the social networks of cancer survivors evolve over time and their impacts on health. Dr. Guida is also interested in lifestyle interventions to improve cancer and aging-related outcomes.
Dr. Guida earned her doctorate degree in Epidemiology from the University of Maryland, College Park and received an M.P.H. from the University of Colorado. She also holds a B.A. in Anthropology from Arizona State University.
Current and/or past BRP mentors include Paige Green.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Guida JL, Agurs-Collins T, Ahles TA, Campisi J, Dale W, Demark-Wahnefried W, Dietrich J, Fuldner R, Gallicchio L, Green PA, Hurria A, Janelsins MC, Jhappan C, Kirkland JL, Kohanski R, Longo V, Meydani S, Mohile S, Niedernhofer LJ, Nelson C, Perna F, Schadler K, Scott JM, Schrack JA, Tracy RP, van Deursen J, Ness KK. Strategies to Prevent or Remediate Cancer and Treatment-Related Aging. J Natl Cancer Inst 2020 Apr 29.
- Guida JL, Ahles TA, Belsky D, Campisi J, Cohen HJ, DeGregori J, Fuldner R, Ferrucci L, Gallicchio L, Gavrilov L, Gavrilova N, Green PA, Jhappan C, Kohanski R, Krull K, Mandelblatt J, Ness KK, O'Mara A, Price N, Schrack J, Studenski S, Theou O, Tracy RP, Hurria A. Measuring Aging and Identifying Aging Phenotypes in Cancer Survivors. J Natl Cancer Inst 2019 Dec 1; 111(12):1245-1254.
- Guida JL, Green PA, Gallicchio L. Envisioning Arti's 'Cadillac study' to assess aging trajectories in cancer survivors. J Geriatr Oncol 2020 Mar; 11(2):175-175.
- Guida JL, Holt CL, Dallal CM, He X, Gold R, Liu H. Social Relationships and Functional Impairment in Aging Cancer Survivors: A Longitudinal Social Network Study. Gerontologist 2020 May 15; 60(4):607-616.
- Hayek S, Gibson TM, Leisenring WM, Guida JL, Gramatges MM, Lupo PJ, Howell RM, Oeffinger KC, Bhatia S, Edelstein K, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Nathan PC, Yasui Y, Krull KR, Armstrong GT, Ness KK. Prevalence and Predictors of Frailty in Childhood Cancer Survivors and Siblings: A Report From the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. J Clin Oncol 2020 Jan 20; 38(3):232-247.