Staff: Raimee H. Eck, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.P.A., C.P.H.
Raimee H. Eck, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.P.A., C.P.H.
Cancer Research Training Award Fellow
Raimee H. Eck, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.P.A., C.P.H., is a Cancer Research Training Award fellow in the Behavioral Research Program's Health Behaviors Research Branch (HBRB).
Raimee's research includes the epidemiology of alcohol use in adults and adolescents, including those in low- and middle-income countries, and environmental interventions to reduce consumption and related harm, especially interpersonal violence and serious injury.
Raimee is also the Immediate Past President and Advocacy Committee Chair of the Maryland Public Health Association (MdPHA), the state affiliate of the American Public Health Association. Through MdPHA, Raimee promotes best practices in public health education, research, and advocacy at the local, state, and national levels on topics such as pharmaceutical drug costs and climate change.
A clinician by training, Raimee spent many years as a physician assistant practicing in plastic and reconstructive surgery at Boston Medical Center, which informs her public health practice. She received her M.P.H. and Ph.D. from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and her Master of Physician Assistant from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Trangenstein PJ, Greene N, Eck RH, Milam AJ, Furr-Holden CD, Jernigan DH. Alcohol Advertising and Violence. Am J Prev Med 2020; 58(3):343-351.
- Trangenstein PJ, Eck RH, Lu Y, Webster D, Jennings JM, Latkin C, Milam AJ, Furr-Holden D, Jernigan DH. The Violence Prevention Potential of Reducing Alcohol Outlet Access in Baltimore, Maryland. J Stud Alcohol Drugs 2020; 81(1):24-33.
- Fakunle DO, Eck R, Milam AJ, Thorpe RJ Jr, Furr-Holden DM. E-Cigarettes in Baltimore Alcohol Outlets: Geographic and Demographic Correlates of Availability. Fam Community Health 2018 Oct/Dec; 41(4):205-213.
- Meisel PL, Sparks A, Eck R, Jernigan D. Baltimore City's landmark alcohol and tobacco billboard ban: an implementation case study.. Inj Prev 2015 Feb; 21(1):63-7.
- Siegel M, DeJong W, Naimi TS, Fortunato EK, Albers AB, Heeren T, Rosenbloom DL, Ross C, Ostroff J, Rodkin S, King C, Borzekowski DL, Rimal RN, Padon AA, Eck RH, Jernigan DH. Brand-specific consumption of alcohol among underage youth in the United States. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 2013 Jul; 37(7):1195-203.