Staff: Alyssa H. Harrell, M.A.
Alyssa H. Harrell, M.A.
Cancer Research Training Award Fellow
- Office of the Associate Director (OAD)
- Behavioral Research Program (BRP)
Alyssa Harrell, M.A., is a Cancer Research Training Award communications fellow in the Office of the Associate Director (OAD) of the Behavioral Research Program. Ms. Harrell was previously an NCI Communications Fellow in the Center for Cancer Research (CCR) Neuro-Oncology Branch.
Ms. Harrell earned a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from the University of South Florida where she focused her studies on how entertainment media influences health behaviors. She also holds a bachelor's degree in Public Relations and Advertising from the University of Central Florida.
Current and/or past BRP mentors include Amy Caplon.
- Patient-provider communication
- Health information seeking behaviors
- Patient self-advocacy
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Harrell A, Panzer M, Maher M, Acquaye A, Odom K, Armstrong TS. Making materials matter: Developing Central Nervous System (CNS) tumor education for patients and caregivers. Poster presentation to the American Psychosocial Oncology Society Annual Conference. 2022 March.