Staff: David Berrigan, Ph.D., M.P.H.
David Berrigan, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Physical activity and the built environment
- Energy balance and carcinogenesis
- Geospatial approaches to cancer prevention and control
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Berrigan, David, Berger, Nathan (Eds.) Geospatial Approaches to Energy Balance and Breast Cancer. Geospatial Approaches to Energy Balance and Breast Cancer 2019.
- Butte NF, Watson KB, Ridley K, Zakeri IF, McMurray RG, Pfeiffer KA, Crouter SE, Herrmann SD, Bassett DR, Long A, Berhane Z, Trost SG, Ainsworth BE, Berrigan D, Fulton JE. A Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: Activity Codes and Metabolic Intensities. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2018 Feb; 50(2):246-256.
- Carlson SA, Whitfield GP, Peterson EL, Ussery EN, Watson KB, Berrigan D, Fulton JE. Geographic and Urban-Rural Differences in Walking for Leisure and Transportation. Am J Prev Med 2018 Dec; 55(6):887-895.
- McAndrews C, Pollack KM, Berrigan D, Dannenberg AL, Christopher EJ. Understanding and Improving Arterial Roads to Support Public Health and Transportation Goals. Am J Public Health 2017 Aug; 107(8):1278-1282.
- James P, Jankowska M, Marx C, Hart JE, Berrigan D, Kerr J, Hurvitz PM, Hipp JA, Laden F. "Spatial Energetics": Integrating Data From GPS, Accelerometry, and GIS to Address Obesity and Inactivity. Am J Prev Med 2016 Nov; 51(5):792-800.