Staff: Mary O'Connell, M.A.
Mary O'Connell, M.A.
- Office of the Associate Director (OAD)
- Behavioral Research Program (BRP)
Mary O'Connell, M.A., first came to the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in support of the Tobacco Control Research Branch. She then transitioned to the Office of the Associate Director as a Program Analyst and later a Public Health Advisor before beginning her current role as Scientific Program Manager. Ms. O'Connell manages communication activities and provides program analysis and scientific support for the Behavioral Research Program, which is within NCI's Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Green McDonald P, O'Connell M, Lutgendorf SK. Psychoneuroimmunology and cancer: a decade of discovery, paradigm shifts, and methodological innovations. Brain Behav Immun 2013 Mar; 30(Suppl):S1-9.
- Klein, W. & O'Connell, M. Psychological scientists can look to the National Cancer Institute for funding and research resources.. Psychol. Sci. Agenda 2012.
- Ferrer, R. A., McDonald, P., & O'Connell, M. Funding for Basic Psychological Science at the National Cancer Institute. . Observer 2012; 25(5).
- Hesse BW, O'Connell M, Augustson EM, Chou WY, Shaikh AR, Rutten LJ. Realizing the promise of Web 2.0: engaging community intelligence. J Health Commun 2011; 16(Suppl 1):10-31.
- McDonald, P., O'Connell, M., Nelson, W., & Klein, W. The National Cancer Institute: A hub for psychological and behavioral sciences. Observer 2009; 22(5):23-26.